St Catherine’s Nursery in Leyland is an independent daycare centre providing excellent quality childcare 49 weeks of the year.
We maintain a happy, lively and stimulating environment where pre-school children from the ages of three to four enjoy a high standard of education and care.
St Catherine’s is a “full daycare” facility that also offers limited free places to parents seeking part-time / sessional places.
We are a registered charity and a non-profit making organisation. Our nursery is about passion rather than financial gain. Our excellent reputation is based upon providing high quality care in a home from home environment where you and your child will grow to love.
Take a look at our Parents Handbook for more information about Us.
Download our Parents App
Our aims include:
- Providing a safe, secure and happy nursery environment, where each child is treated as an individual.
- To establish a broad and balanced early years curriculum working towards the Early Learning Goals, as set out in the statutory practice of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- To ensure that each child has equal opportunities to engage in the curriculum provided, irrespective of gender, race, religion or additional needs.
- To provide opportunities to establish lasting relationships with other children and adults, encompassing learning, how to respect, share and co-operate with one another.
- To develop an appreciation and respect of the wider world, including respect for: one another, individual people, ethnic minorities, cultural differences, the environment and the surrounding community.
To view our SEN & Disability Local Offer please click here
Millie’s Mark Award
We have been awarded ‘Millie’s Mark’ which is a special endorsement for childcare providers that go above and beyond minimum requirements by having 100% of staff trained in paediatric first aid, and also ensuring that everything learned during the course is kept alive and in the forefront of practitioners’ minds so that they are confident, ready and capable