Positive, caring relationships based on trust and respect, are at the heart of our philosophy.
We have a clear vision of what we want to achieve at St Catherine’s Independent Nursery:
- to provide a safe, happy, caring, secure and stimulating environment for your child
- to enable all children to develop their capabilities as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society.
- to help all children to prepare for the future.
St Catherine’s Independent Nursery: a place to learn, develop and grow ‘happy healthy children’
- Providing a safe, secure and happy nursery environment, where each child is treated as an individual.
- To establish a broad and balanced early years curriculum working towards the Early Learning Goals, as set out in the statutory practice of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- To ensure that each child has equal opportunities to engage in the curriculum provided, irrespective of gender, race, religion or additional needs.
- To provide opportunities to establish lasting relationships with other children and adults, encompassing learning, how to respect, share and co-operate with one another.
- To develop an appreciation and respect of the wider world, including respect for: one another, individual people, ethnic minorities, cultural differences, the environment and the surrounding community.
Our Mission Statement
We are passionately committed to ensuring that we provide a nurturing, inspirational, stimulating and secure environment for every child at St Catherine’s Independent Nursery.
We aspire to be a positive contribution to the lives of all our children and their families regardless of their religion, ethnic or cultural background or any individual additional needs. Providing opportunities for all children to make excellent individual progress in relation to their starting points in the seven areas of learning, giving each child the confidence they need to grow, explore, show curiosity and sharing experiences with their peers. This is vital in preparing them for school or the next stage in their learning.
The first five years in a child’s life are crucial in setting the foundations for their future. It is paramount that the children in our care feel safe, secure and happy.
At St Catherine’s Independent Nursery the children learn through many different types of play and gain an insight into the world in which we live. All our Early Years Practitioners are dedicated to ensuring that strong partnerships are formed with all families. Together as a team built with healthy parenting and high quality learning we can provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow and develop. During their time at our Nursery the children experience social interaction with others, develop encouraging friendships and future life skills.